Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Swimming Floats

I started Munchkin swimming as soon as I could as I believe you can't start that too early.  Especially as we will be spending time at my parents cottage in the summers and well, that lake will just call out to him I'm sure. 

The swimming we've been doing has been really mostly play, but he's learning to be comfortable in the water.  The classes we are going to are we go to are run by Diaper Fit in Toronto.  The classes are kind of neat.  The first half hour is a fitness for Mom/Dad and the last half is for the babies with songs and getting used to the water.  He seems to like them.  I probably should have waited until he was a wee bit older (just a month or two I started him at just 5 months).  He was getting a bit cold by the end.  But he's pretty good now.


Anyway, for the first part the babies get to float in these floats



I really like them and Robbie seems to as well.  You can get them for $22 at Toysrus in the summer season.  I've already bought one for the cottage.  They are by a company called Swimways.

No comments:

Post a Comment