Sunday, June 19, 2011

Swim Diapers

There are a couple of things about swimwear to talk about I guess.  The first is the Swim Diaper and then the actual swimsuit.  I think I will save the swimsuits for another post.  So shall we go right in?

I will be captain obvious here and say...well normal diapers won't work so well in a pool or lake.  So yeah, don't do it.   You do have 2 options with special swim diapers.  One is the disposable route and the other are reusable swim diapers.  I have nothing to say so far about the disposable ones.  I haven't used them yet. Both Pampers and Huggies make them.  I haven't used them for a couple of reasons.  The first being that Munchkin has been too small so far for them to fit properly and the second being that the pools I've been taking him to don't allow disposable swim diapers.  I might get a package for the summer at the cottage, but I'm not really sure if I will.  I think perhaps the reusable ones will work just as well.

I have two kinds right now....The Kushies and the Bummis.  The Kushies one seems to work quite well. No complaints there.  The Bummis I haven't used yet because it is the next size up, but I think that perhaps at next week's swimming class they will be in use as the current swim diaper is getting a wee bit small.  

Most public pools seem to want you to use the reusable ones these days so it's always best to check before you go.

I will warn you though, the swim diapers are pretty much designed to keep the poop in.  they don't do much to keep the wee in.

I'll do a post once I've tried out the Bummis swim diapers on how they compare with the Kushies.


No comments:

Post a Comment