Sunday, June 12, 2011

Emergency Diaper Bag

Every once in awhile, I will post some unsolicited advice.  Feel free to follow it or ignore it as you can with all of the things I post.  This one does seem particularly good.

Keep an emergency diaper bag in the car.

You just need to put a few diapers, some wipes and perhaps a change of clothes, and some other essential you can't live without.  The diapers and the wipes are the key I think though.

One day my husband and I went to visit a friend in the hospital and when we got there I realized I forgot the diaper bag.  Thankfully we didn't need to do a diaper change and were quite close to drugstores if it became an issue.  But while I was there I was speaking to some grandmothers waiting for the birth of a grandchild and their advice was keeping this little emergency kit in the car.  So we have done that.

Just make sure as your baby grows to put the right size diapers in :)

As a note, we didn't buy a new diaper bag for this.  Any bag will do.  But we used the free one from Nestle that they sent us with formula samples.  It even has a change pad.  You can sign up here for one.  Don't expect it until close to when your baby is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment