Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Food!!

So I'm not quite motivated enough to make my own baby cereal.  Call me crazy but....  Since I would tend to prefer giving my wee man whole grains, I figured I should feed him brown rice cereal.  It's a bit hard to find, but I did find some.  There is a company that makes organic baby cereals, teething biscuits etc...  


So far I'm quite impressed with them.  I've tried the Brown Rice Cereal, the Barley, and the Oatmeal and the teething biscuits.  We're sticking to the rice cereal for now.  He finds the barley a bit too bitter and the oatmeal gives him a bit of gas.  We'll try them again later.

One of the things I really like about this company's food is that there is no crap in it.  If you read the label on most baby cereals, there are a bunch of chemicals and crap like potato Malodextrin, Palm olein, powdered milk etc....  In the Healthy times, there is brown rice, an iron supplement, and a calcium supplement thing.  

So yeah, I think this is the way to go.  I'm not a rabid organic only, but I do think we should do as much as possible.  The less crap the better.  

It's a bit hard to find in stores, but lots of health food stores carry it, the Great Canadian Superstore tends to have it and the SickKids food store also carries it.

No comments:

Post a Comment