Friday, August 5, 2011

Baby Food Storage

Just thought I would share a couple of things about baby food storage.

Freezing is awesome for storing baby food.  I basically make a batch of something (say sweet potato) and then put it into an ice cube tray an freeze it.  Then I put the cubes into a ziploc bag.  This way I don't have to make a million special things a day and I can take a couple of cubes out at a time and defrost them depending on how much I need.  Now it doesn't work with everything, but it does work for a lot of veggies and fruit.

They do sell special "baby food" trays and I was loaned a couple.  They're good, but you can use an ice cube tray too.  You probably already have a couple and they are cheaper than buying the special ones.

That being said, I did get one of these.  They been kind of useful when making a batch of something and I want to use the next day.  I don't find the tray part terribly useful, but the little containers yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment