Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ring of Neglect

So what may you ask is a ring of neglect?  They are those nifty activity centres you can plop your child into and do some stuff assured they are safe.  They are kind of like those now illegal walkers we had as kids, but with no wheels and toys attached.


This one is a Baby Einstein Discover and Play Activity Center.  I don't have one so I have nothing to say about it, I just used it as an example.  I do think most of the Activity Centers are probably quite good, I just don't have one. 


We wanted one, but our house is very narrow and full of stuff (if we're not careful we could turn into hoarders, well no, but we too have too much stuff).  And in my mind they are a bit expensive.  So we ended up buying the Kidco Go-Pod.


I really like it.  It folds up into nothing and has a carry bag.  We took it to the cottage for the weekend and it didn't take up too much room in the car.  The other thing I like is that it is easy to move from room to room or just fold quickly out of the way.  You attach your own toys to loops on the pod which is kind of neat as you can change the toys that they get to play with.   I would recommend this to just about anyone.

We aren't using ours too much right now as our guy is a wee bit small still.  His head barely pokes up above the edge, but that will change shortly I'm sure.  I think he's in a little growth spurt.


As a note, apparently you shouldn't be leaving your child in them for super long periods of time.  It's that whole thing about overdeveloping muscles again like the Jolly Jumper.  We have been told we should only use it about 20 minutes a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment