Saturday, July 16, 2011

Food Making Equipment

Since I'm giving this making my own food a try I had to get a couple of things.  A steamer and a food pureeing device.  I ended up buying the Hamilton Beach one specifically for babies.  But pretty much any one of the small ones will do I'm sure.  I find the one I got a bit noisy, but I don't know if it's any louder than the others or not.   For the steamer I just got a low end Black and Decker.  It works just fine.

Now if you want to make large batches of something, I would suggest using your larger food processor if you have one.  For instance, the other day I pureed 4 mangos at once.  It would have been a pain in the small Hamilton Beach one.

I also bought a metal steamer basket that you can put over a pot.  The reason I got that one is because I get the feeling that when I steam beets and blueberries I will end up with a stained steamer machine.  Not that the steamer will work any less well, but.......

No comments:

Post a Comment